Monday, March 22, 2021

Let The Travels Begin!!

                                              ....Let The Travels Begin! 

The rising sun, the setting sun,
The sea, beaches and sand                                                                       
The breezy nights and those roaring tides
Humility and awe, did the Ocean command

The soft scent, the leather bind
Plots that thicken with Time
Words woven into delicate artistry
With Prose and Poetry sublime

Hills and mountains with God in their abode
A hue of green and white - waiting to enthrall
As mystique and magnificence walked hand-in-hand
I realised I'd always feel small

Lives that spring to life before my eyes
I allow them to hold my hand
Their joys, sorrows and trepidation become my own
As we journey to their promised land

A different people, a different culture
A different language, cuisine and tradition
I embraced the unknown as if it were my own
Always a sojourn steeped in realisation

Their wisdom stroked and the conscience stirred
My canvas would always be white,black and grey
The pages held a mirror - as I struggled to accept myself
But the stories moved on, much to my dismay

"Come to Me" beckoned the World outside
"Come to Me" urged the World within
The Rucksack and The Book would  always stand by me
It's never early to say "Let the Travels Begin!"

                                                                                     - 22nd March 2021    


3 comments: